Madrasah Chahar Bagh
Iran, Esfahan

The mother of Shah-Sultan Hussein, the last ruler of the Sefivids (1502-1836) built this theological educational institution between 1704 and 1714 on Chahar Bagh or Four Gardens Street in Isfahan. The income from a large two-story caravanserai built near the madrasah made it possible to finance students and teachers. Currently, the caravanserai has been turned into a comfortable hotel, where guests will be offered a cup of tea in the cozy courtyard garden and enjoy old poems and legends performed by professional storytellers.