Big Springs Cave, an ancient dilapidated karst cave with an underground natural spring, is located on the eastern tip of Anguilla Island, in the small fishing village of Island Harbor. Local residents (arawaki) have long used the cave as a source of fresh water - it was established that the spring existed in prehistoric times, and was used by the aborigines until the 1995s, until the landslides and rock falls caused by the hurricane Luis that hit Anguilla fell asleep his. In addition, the cave was used by natives for ritual purposes - in the 1980s, archaeologists discovered about 100 cave paintings (petroglyphs) inside the cave dating from 600-1200 years of our era. Basically, these are images of persons born or deceased inhabitants of the tribe. This allowed scientists to speculate that the cave served as a sacred place for the Arawak, who worshiped the local spirits here, "responsible" for the birth and death of the inhabitants of the island. In 2001, Big Springs Cave was inscribed on the island’s cultural heritage list, is under state protection and is managed by the Anguilla National Fund (ANT), where you can book a cave tour.