Train Station Baranovichi-Polesie
Belarus, Baranovichi

Baranovichi-Polesie - a railway station located in the city of Baranovichi on Frolenkova street. The station is the terminal for electric trains from Brest and Minsk, diesel trains from Grodno, Lida, Luninets and Slutsk and some passenger trains. Baranovichi-Polesie is the second, but, in fact, the main station of the city, despite the fact that it is located away from the main highway Moscow - Minsk - Brest. About half of the passenger trains enter the station with a change of direction. The remaining trains follow with a stop through the Baranovichi-Tsentralny station. The history of the station begins in 1884, when three kilometers from the Baranovichi station of the Moscow-Brest railway appeared Novye Baranovichi station of the Vilno-Rivne railway. Later it became known as Baranovichi-Polesie, as it was part of the Polessky Railways. In the same year, a wooden station building was erected, and from the Baranovichi-Poleski station to the Baranovichi-Central station, an iron branch 3 km long was built. 1880-1890 years. In the area of Baranavichy-Polesie station, barns, a mill and a cracker of the Vilna quarter commander’s building, and a food station are being built. In 1899, instead of the wooden one, a brick building of the Polessky Railways station with an area of 210 m² was built, equipped with steam heating. A survey of the Polesie Railways in 1913 says that at the Baranovichi station there are tracks: the main - 1 with a capacity of 53 wagons; train - 8 with a capacity of 441 cars; traveling - 8 with a capacity of 155 wagons; spare and wood - 19 with a capacity of 967 wagons. In 1900 alone, the station received and sent 19,212 freight and passenger trains. In memory of the revolutionary events of 1905 in Baranavichy, a memorial plaque was erected on the building of the Baranavichy-Polesie station, and a memorial sign on the forecourt. Since August 1914, after the outbreak of the First World War, for a whole year the Headquarters of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief was placed in Baranavichy, which was visited several times by Emperor Nicholas II, after spending a total of two months there. During World War II, huge damage was caused to the railway industry during the retreat of the Nazi invaders. The structures of the locomotive and carriage facilities were destroyed, the stations of Baranovichi-Polesie and Baranovichi-Central stations, the tracks were destroyed. Restoration was carried out on their own, building materials were mined on the ruins of buildings. Gradually, the work of railway transport was restored, the enterprises destroyed by the war began to function. By the end of 1944, a railway club opened its doors in Baranavichy. In recognition of the merits of the railway in the formation of the city, a steam locomotive is depicted on the coat of arms of Baranavichy, and a monument locomotive is installed on the forecourt of Baranavichy-Polesie station. To date, Baranavichy-Polesie includes 62 long-distance trains, commuter trains and electric trains (including diesel) - 68 (43 of them passing) and 87 - begin or end their journey in this village. Most trains arrive in the morning. The first, according to the schedule, leaves at 00 hours 20 minutes in the direction of Brest-Tsentralny station, and the latter arrives at 23 hours 39 minutes. The average parking time on the platform is 29 minutes. Some trains passing through the Baranavichy-Polesie station do not run every day (have a special schedule). Baranovichi-Polessky is not the only station in the village of Baranovichi, there are also stations here: Baranovichi-Severny, Baranovichi-Tsentralny, Baranovichi-Locomotive Depot.

Tourist Objects nearby
Baranovichi Museum of Local Lore
Baranovichi Museum of Local Lore
Baranavichy Museum of Railway Engineering
Baranavichy Museum of Railway Engineering
Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Memorial complex tract Guy
Memorial complex tract Guy
Train station Baranovichi-Central
Train station Baranovichi-Central
Baranavichy Church in honor of the Holy Myrrh-Bearing Women
Baranavichy Church in honor of the Holy Myrrh-Bearing Women
Baranavichy Holy Protection Cathedral
Baranavichy Holy Protection Cathedral
Church of the Holy Right Prince Alexander Nevsky, Baranavichy
Church of the Holy Right Prince Alexander Nevsky, Baranavichy
Manor Kotlubaev
Manor Kotlubaev
Related Tour Objects
Szklarska Poreba Gorna
Szklarska Poreba Gorna
Stations
Bus company Metro Bus Company
Bus company Metro Bus Company
Stations
Train station Lida
Train station Lida
Stations
Stations
Train station Mogilev
Train station Mogilev
Stations
Stations
Train station Bronnaya Gora
Train station Bronnaya Gora
Stations
Train station Yaselda
Train station Yaselda
Stations
Train station Malorita
Train station Malorita
Stations
Train station Dubica
Train station Dubica
Stations
Train station Samara
Train station Samara
Stations
Yangon Central Railway Station
Yangon Central Railway Station
Stations
Stations