Railway station Pinsk
Belarus, Pinsk

The second half of the 19th century was marked by the rapid development of railway construction. July 1, 1882 in Pinsk, in a solemn ceremony, the station of the Pinsk railway station was laid. The chief of the movement of troops across all the railway stations of the empire, Lieutenant General of the General Staff Annenkov, specially came to her. He took the parade of the 4th company of the 39th reserve battalion stationed in Pinsk. A moleben went in the presence of all representatives of the military and civilian departments. A “decent breakfast” was given to them. As the Pinsk police chief noted in his report: “The huge gathering of people to the place of bookmark, behaved modestly beyond my expectations, so that the whole ceremony of laying the station, with enthusiastic cries of the people, was celebrated with proper decency.” It all began on April 3, 1882, when Alexander III approved the proposal of the Ministry of War on the construction of the Zhabinka-Pinsk railway, 138 versts in length. Equally important for the adoption of this decision was the phrase expressed in 1873 by the Minister of Railways. Emphasizing the need to build a railway to Pinsk, he pointed out the incompleteness of the waterways: "Pripyat presents very significant obstacles to navigation due to the tortuosity of its fairway and many shallows." Pinsk station was built quickly, in one summer. For the first time, railway troops were used in the construction of the Zhabinka-Pinsk railway - the railway battalions formed by that time, brought into the brigade. The speed of construction was facilitated by the flat terrain and the almost complete absence of artificial structures. On November 9, 1882, passenger and freight traffic opened on the branch. Two years later, in 1884, railway traffic opened on the Pinsk-Luninets line. So Pinsk became a major station of the Polesie Railways, which connected it with reliable and uninterrupted traffic with different regions of the Russian Empire. It was in 1886 that the Vilna-Rivne and Pinsk railways were renamed the Polesie railways, which were built for strategic reasons. Polesie Railways gave a powerful impetus to the economic development of the region. The main workshops of the Polesie Railways are located in Pinsk. In a relatively short period of time, they became not only the largest enterprises in the city, but in terms of technical equipment, production volumes and the number of employees were unparalleled in Belarus and belonged to the best workshops of the Russian Empire. In 1885, the Main Pinsk workshops consisted of three stone buildings. The first is a total area of 225 square fathoms. The second building, with an area of 646 square fathoms, was intended for a turning room, a forge, a foundry and a woodwork. The third housed a car assembly area of 330 square fathoms. And in 1909, the total area of the workshop buildings was already 4181 square fathoms. In addition, on the territory of the workshops there was a building of a chemical laboratory in 66 square fathoms for the study of materials entering the roads. All the buildings and doors of the Main Pinsk workshops were lit by electricity, and electric power transmission was used. In the foundry, wheeled and boiler rooms, all the machines received movement from electric motors with the help of group transmission, in the boiler room and wheeled electric bridge cranes were arranged. Craftsmen and workers in 1885, there were 160 people, in the depot - 76 people. And in 1908 - 1202 and 730 people, respectively. The successes of the Pinsk railway masters are largely connected with the name of the energetic engineer and the practice of railway business Sergei Ivanovich Mikhin, who on June 17, 1893 was appointed head of the Main workshops of the Polesie railways in the city of Pinsk. At the end of 1893, on the initiative of the Minister of Railways, he was sent to America to familiarize himself with railway practice in the North American States, which he used in the work of the Pinsk Railway Workshops. During the First World War, the station building was destroyed, then in 1937 it was restored. The Great Patriotic War also left its mark in the history of the station. The station building was not completely destroyed, but it took a lot of work to restore it. The modern station of the Pinsk railway station was commissioned in December 2008. The opening took place on April 25, 2009 in a festive atmosphere in the presence of employees, heads of various enterprises, citizens of the city of Pinsk. A memorial plaque dedicated to the railroad workers who took part in revolutionary actions against tsarism was hung on the facade of the building. Today, the station building houses a waiting room for 120 seats, rest rooms, which have everything you need from the bathroom to the Internet, as well as a post office, exchange office, police line point, cafe, banquet hall, pharmacy kiosk and Belsoyuzpechat kiosk ". The building is equipped with the latest video surveillance system. For visual information of passengers, there are installed: one electronic information board in the lobby of the station, two on the platform and the island platform, four information stands and two train schedules, as well as signs for the location of the station premises. The luggage compartment and lounges also have information stands. There are stencils above the windows of ticket offices, the station attendant, informing passengers about the purpose of the premises and the time of their work. There is an information terminal in the lobby of the station. At the station of Pinsk station, all conditions have been created for the convenience of passengers, including for passengers with a violation of the musculoskeletal system and wheelchair users. Entrances to the station, lounges, luggage space, left-luggage offices, toilets are equipped with ramps. The lounges have an elevator and a separate room for the disabled, and the toilet has specially equipped cabins. The ticket offices of the station are equipped with terminals for the possibility of paying for travel documents with a bank card. The station provides the following types of services: ticket sales, check-out, check-in from other stations, check-in of hand luggage and animals. Settlement by bank transfer and plastic cards, issuing preferential and free tickets, issuing a “stop” on the way, re-issuing travel documents to a higher-class carriage, providing reference information, storing hand luggage in stationary and automatic left-luggage offices, lounges services, announcements via speakerphone, distribution of advertising booklets, baggage, cargo luggage, delivery notice, storage of cargo luggage, marking, lining, storage of forgotten things, sales Ms insurance services from accidents on the railways.

Tourist Objects nearby
Related Tour Objects
Mo Chit Bus Terminal
Mo Chit Bus Terminal
Stations
Szklarska Poreba Gorna
Szklarska Poreba Gorna
Stations
Bus station Mogilev
Bus station Mogilev
Stations
Train station Borisov
Train station Borisov
Stations
Stations
Train station Osipovichi
Train station Osipovichi
Stations
Stations
Train station Luninets
Train station Luninets
Stations
Train station Birch-City
Train station Birch-City
Stations
Train station Baranovichi-Central
Train station Baranovichi-Central
Stations
Train station Ivatsevichi
Train station Ivatsevichi
Stations
Train station Domanovo
Train station Domanovo
Stations