Train station Zhlobin
Belarus, Zhlobin

For the first time, the Zhlobin railway station called Osterman was sounded in the project of the railway line of the Libavo-Romenskaya Railway Society in May 1871. In November 1873, the movement of freight and passenger trains was opened on the site of the Landvaro-Romny railway from Bobruisk to Gomel through the Zhlobin station. This time is considered the beginning of the opening of railway traffic through the Zhlobin station. In January 1903, the station became a hub; a station building for passengers was built. After the Great Patriotic War, the Zhlobin station station was rebuilt and opened in 1950. The waiting room, luggage and ticket offices were located in one small building. Zhlobin grew and expanded. In 1984, the Belarusian Metallurgical Plant was commissioned, and the Zhlobin station station ceased to meet the increasing requirements that were needed to service passengers. With the increase in population, there was a need to expand the station building, and in 1975 ticket offices were moved to a separate building, later it was decided to reconstruct the old station building and build additional buildings nearby. In the period from January 2002 to January 2004, the buildings of the station complex were reconstructed. The reconstruction of the station complex provided for the construction of two new buildings (standing separately from the main building of the station), the restaurant building and office and technical premises. The architecture of the station itself was decided to be made using interwoven metal structures and glass stained-glass windows. On January 19, 2004, the reconstructed building of the railway station was opened. Now the station complex of the Zhlobin station includes a two-story building of the station (passenger building) and an office building, which houses the luggage compartment and luggage storage, first-aid post, and utility rooms. Inside the station on the ground floor there is a cash room (10 cash desks) and a modern waiting room for 90 seats, equipped with a reference electronic display. For the convenience of passengers, there are: a help desk, a station duty officer, a pharmacy kiosk and a union printing kiosk. It should be noted that as a result of the reconstruction of the station, the separation of passenger flows is provided - the suburban and passenger ticket offices work separately. On the 2nd floor of the main building there are two ticket offices for pre-sale of tickets, a post office with a call center, a buffet and hotel rooms for passengers to relax. All rooms are equipped with the necessary equipment and furniture with maximum convenience for passengers. The office building, where the luggage compartment with automatic left-luggage lockers for 90 cells and well-maintained toilets is located, is also a separate building. To ensure high-quality passenger service at the Zhlobin station station, there are: 7 ticket offices that sell travel documents for trains of international, interregional and regional lines, 2 of which operate around the clock; inquiry Office; booking office; luggage compartment; stationary lockers for hand luggage; buffet; kiosks "Soyuzpechat"; post office; Kiosk of the TASK insurance company. At the box office, payment by bank plastic cards is possible.

Tourist Objects nearby
Zhlobin Museum of History and Local Lore
Zhlobin Museum of History and Local Lore
Related Tour Objects
Bus company Metro Bus Company
Bus company Metro Bus Company
Stations
Railway station Gomel
Railway station Gomel
Stations
Stations
Bus station Mogilev
Bus station Mogilev
Stations
Train station Mogilev
Train station Mogilev
Stations
Stations
Train station Bobruisk
Train station Bobruisk
Stations
Train station Oranchitsy
Train station Oranchitsy
Stations
Train station Kossovo-Polesie
Train station Kossovo-Polesie
Stations