Train station Polotsk
Belarus, Polock

The centuries-old history of Polotsk brought to us the fruits of the creative genius of the people - magnificent monuments of architecture, literature, and fine art. Among them is the building of the railway station. On May 24, 1866, with a large crowd of people, the movement of passenger trains through the Polotsk station of the Riga-Orel railway (Dinaburg at that time) was opened. The building of the Riga-Oryol station was stone, two-story. On the ground floor there were rooms for passengers, the administration, the station manager, assistant chief, telegraph, ticket offices. On the second floor there are apartments for the station manager and other employees. The rooms for passengers are divided for I, II and III class. At the station, a buffet and a dressing room for ladies were arranged. Such was the building of the Polotsk station at the end of the 19th century. In 1905, one-story flangers were attached to a two-story building at the Polotsk station. At the end of the first decade of the twentieth century, railway communication was opened along another road leading from Bologoye through Nevel and Polotsk to Siedlec. In this regard, on the outskirts of the city was built the second spacious, two-story railway station - Nikolaevsky - at the station of the Nikolaev road (Gromy). Polotsk has become a junction of important railways. Passenger trains arrived from the city of Dvinsk, Riga, Warsaw, Vitebsk, Moscow, Orel, St. Petersburg and Siedlec. Over time, the building of the Riga-Oryol station was rebuilt several times, during the war years the station was completely destroyed. The post-war building of the Polotsk station was commissioned only in 1952. The building is 2-story, consisting of a central part and two side - 1-story. The station building housed ticket offices, a telegraph, a waiting room, office space and a cafe. From 1966 to 1998, the station staff was headed by Raisa Aleksandrovna Vezhnovets. Under her leadership, at the Polotsk train station, ticket-printing equipment of the Express 2 system and ticket printing machines of the KR 1Zh Symbol were put into operation, a new ticket office building was put into operation. In 2002, overhaul of the entire complex of the Polotsk station was completed. The platform was equipped with original lighting fixtures, new information boards “Visinform”, with the help of which passengers receive information about the services provided at the station. The station building has 4 ticket offices for pre-sale tickets and 6 suburban ticket offices. In their arrangement, the most modern finishing materials were used. Stained-glass windows display the historic sites of the old city. Hanging chandeliers in the lobby of the station are bright, transparent and create a cosiness and mood. In the new ticket office building, the entrance is faced with granite, which gives the building a majestic look. Inside the building: flight of stairs, ceiling and walls are finished with modern materials. Belsoyuzpechat and pharmacy kiosks were made in one style. In the summer of 2004, a fountain began to operate in the form of two storks, symbolizing hospitality and goodwill towards residents and guests of the city. Today Polotsk station provides passengers with the following services:
• registration of travel documents in inter-regional and international communications (and from another station);
• registration of travel documents by bank transfer using bank plastic cards, registration of travel documents purchased via the Internet;
• acceptance of group applications for reservation of seats on trains with subsequent execution; re-issuance of a travel document at the ticket office to a previously departing train or wagon above the paid category;
• processing of refunds for unused travel documents, booking seats on trains, followed by registration at the box office;
• providing a cell of an automatic left-luggage office, as well as forcibly opening cells of an automatic left-luggage office, providing places in a stationary left-luggage office, storing found items;
• presentation of information by posting reference materials on stands, using a placard, information signs, loud speaker network, issuing an information certificate on passenger transportation orally when contacting the window of the person on duty to issue information and by phone;
• implementation of train timetables, notification of passengers about the arrival and departure of trains via the loud speaker network, announcements by loud speaker at the request of passengers and enterprises;
• provision of places in waiting rooms, provision of places in lounges, catering services, first-aid post, representative office of TASK insurance company, retail and consumer services, hairdressing services.

Tourist Objects nearby
Children's Museum in Polotsk
Children's Museum in Polotsk
Museum-Library of Simeon Polotsky
Museum-Library of Simeon Polotsky
Museum of Traditional Hand-Weaving Lakeland
Museum of Traditional Hand-Weaving Lakeland
Natural and Ecological Museum in Polotsk
Natural and Ecological Museum in Polotsk
Stationary Exhibition Walk on Nizhne-Pokrovskaya
Stationary Exhibition Walk on Nizhne-Pokrovskaya
Polotsk Art Gallery
Polotsk Art Gallery
Polotsk Museum of Military Glory
Polotsk Museum of Military Glory
Museum of the History of Architecture of St. Sophia Cathedral in Polotsk
Museum of the History of Architecture of St. Sophia Cathedral in Polotsk
Museum of Belarusian Printing
Museum of Belarusian Printing
Museum of Local Lore in Polotsk
Museum of Local Lore in Polotsk
Related Tour Objects
Bus station Vitebsk
Bus station Vitebsk
Stations
Bus station Grodno
Bus station Grodno
Stations
Train station Lida
Train station Lida
Stations
Train station Mogilev
Train station Mogilev
Stations
Railway station Orsha
Railway station Orsha
Stations
Train station Molodechno
Train station Molodechno
Stations
Train station Krichev
Train station Krichev
Stations
Galle Central Bus Station
Galle Central Bus Station
Stations