Dervish Bath
Bulgaria, Kyustendil

Dervish Banya was built in 1566, as evidenced by the inscription on the red bricks of the front wall of the building. It was built of broken stone blocks and red bricks. Its name comes from the word "dervish", which meant among the representatives of the Sufi order of bektashi the lowest degree of novices.
Dervish Banya functioned for more than 400 years, until 1992. In 2005 the building was renovated. It is an architectural monument.

Tourist Objects nearby
Hisarlyk Fortress
Hisarlyk Fortress
House-Museum of Dmitry Peshev
House-Museum of Dmitry Peshev
Ahmed Bay Mosque
Ahmed Bay Mosque
Church of St. George
Church of St. George
Church of St. Demetrius
Church of St. Demetrius
Emanuel Popdimitrov Regional Library
Emanuel Popdimitrov Regional Library