The caves of Jait are located in Lebanon, in the Nahr al-Kalb valley, in the Jait area, 18 kilometers north of Beirut. The Jate’s Grotto is a complex of two separate, connected karst caves, formed in limestone sediments in the Paleolithic era. The total length of the Lower and Upper Caves is about 9 kilometers. The lower cave was discovered in 1836 by an American missionary, Rev. William Thompson. Its length is 6900 meters, an underground river flows along the bottom of the cave, which gives rise to the Nakhr al-Kalb River, which supplies drinking water to more than a million Lebanese. In 1958, the Lower Cave was open to visitors, tourists have the opportunity to take a boat trip along the underground river (route length is 400 meters), see a huge pillar of limestone Column Maxwell and the Stalagmite Pantheon, as well as galleries, cave halls and bizarre stalactites and stalagmites. The Upper Cave is much smaller than the Lower, its length is 2,200 meters, it was discovered by Lebanese cavers in 1958. Since 1969, only a third of the cave with a length of 750 meters has been accessible to tourists. You can get here by cable car, a 120-meter concrete tunnel leads to the cave itself. The upper cave consists of three halls - the Red Grotto, named after the color of limestone formations, painted with iron oxide, the White Grotto and the third, largest grotto, whose height is 120 meters. In the Upper Cave there are underground lakes, beautiful crevices, natural sculptures made of limestone, stalactites and stalagmites. In the White Grotto is a huge stalactite 8.2 meters high - one of the largest in the world. Inside, both caves are illuminated by multi-colored spotlights, special lamps are installed even under water. The tour of the caves of Jate lasts about two hours, photo and video shooting inside the caves are strictly prohibited. Natural landmark of Lebanon - Jaita Caves are included in the list of the seven new natural wonders of the planet, recognized as the National Symbol of Lebanon, annually they are visited by about 300,000 tourists from around the world.