National Gallery of Canada
Canada, Ontario

The National Gallery of Canada is located in the capital of Canada and is one of the best art galleries in the country. The gallery is currently housed in a glass and granite building located on Sussex Drive. It was designed by architect Moshe Safdi. In 2005, in front of the gallery was a sculpture of a giant spider, the work of Louise Bourgeois, called "Mama."
The museum has an extensive collection of paintings, drawings, sculptures and photographs. Although the collection is based on works of Canadian art, the gallery also features works by famous European artists. Noteworthy is the collection of modern works of art, among which the famous works of Andy Warhol stand out. In 1990, the gallery acquired Barnet Newman’s “Voice of Fire” for 1.8 million, which caused a storm of controversial opinions and controversy, since the picture is only three strips of paint. However, since then the value of the painting has risen sharply. In 2005, the gallery acquired a painting by Italian Renaissance artist Francesco Salviati for 4.5 million.
The National Gallery of Canada was one of the first museums in the world to consider photography to be art. Back in 1934, the first photo exhibition was held here.
Today, the collection has more than 19,000 works and is one of the largest international collections. The gallery also has a large collection of video materials: more than 600 titles lasting 10,000 hours.

Related Tour Objects
Bogoroditsky Palace Museum and Park
Bogoroditsky Palace Museum and Park
Museums
Batumi Technological Museum of the Nobel Brothers
Batumi Technological Museum of the Nobel Brothers
Museums
La Venta Park Museum
La Venta Park Museum
Museums
Ethnographic Museum of Tetuan
Ethnographic Museum of Tetuan
Museums