Holy Barbara Cathedral
Canada, Edmonton

The first modest wooden chapel was consecrated in Edmonton thanks to the hard work of priest Jacob Korchinsky and his mother Varvara in 1902. A few years later, in 1908, a wooden building of a typical temple was built, which lasted half a century. In 1946, a general meeting of parishioners decided to enter the jurisdiction of the Moscow Patriarchate, which was carried out on December 18, 1955. The main shrine of the cathedral is a particle of the relics (left foot) of the Holy Great Martyr Barbara, taken out of Kiev and transferred to the cathedral by His Eminence Panteleimon.

Related Tour Objects
Temple Complex and Wat Yang Park
Temple Complex and Wat Yang Park
Temples
Kumari Ghar in Kathmandu
Kumari Ghar in Kathmandu
Temples
Holy Assumption Church, Valishchevo village
Holy Assumption Church, Valishchevo village
Temples
Church in honor of the Transfer of the relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker (St. Nicholas Church)
Church in honor of the Transfer of the relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker (St. Nicholas Church)
Temples
Holy Resurrection Cathedral in Brest
Holy Resurrection Cathedral in Brest
Temples
Leong San Tong Ku Kongsey (Ku Kongsey)
Leong San Tong Ku Kongsey (Ku Kongsey)
Temples