Ca Vendramin Calergi Palace
Italy, Venice

Ca Vendramin Calergi Palace is located in Venice, on the banks of the Grand Canal. The palace is also called the Palazzo Loredan, after the noble Venetian nobleman, who is considered the first owner of the palace. Construction began in 1481. The architect Mauro Coducci prepared a project for the building in the Renaissance style and began the construction of the palazzo. The construction was completed in 1509 by the architect Bottega dei Lombardo. The three-level facade of the building is decorated with columns, large arched windows, the motto of the Templars "Non a noi, o Signore, ma al tuo nome dà gloria" is embossed on one of the walls, which means "Not to us, Lord, but give Your name glory." In 1581, the palace passed into the possession of the Duke of Braunschweig, two years later it was bought by William III of Gonzag, the Marquis of Mantua, and finally, in 1589, the palace became the property of Vittore Calergi. With him, a “white wing” was completed to the building about the project of architect Vincenzo Scamozzi. In 1739, the palace was inherited by the Vendramin family, since then the palazzo is called Ka Vendramin Calergi. In subsequent years, the palace was owned by the Duchess of Berry, the Dukes of Grace, who hosted the famous German composer Richard Wagner in his house. Wagner lived at the Ca Vendramin Calergi Palace in 1882 - 1883, until his death on February 13, 1883. On the wall of the house, in memory of the great composer, a memorial plaque is installed. The last owner of Giovanni Volpi di Misurata in 1946 sold the palace to the city of Venice. Since 1959, the City Palace Casino Venice and the Wagner Museum have been housed in the Ca Vendramin Calergi Palace. The rooms of the palazzo are used for receptions, presentations, meetings and celebrations of festive events.

Tourist Objects nearby
Doge's Palace in Venice
Doge's Palace in Venice
Giorgio Franchetti Ca d Oro Gallery
Giorgio Franchetti Ca d Oro Gallery
Academy Gallery
Academy Gallery
St. Mark's Cathedral
St. Mark's Cathedral
Basilica of Santa Maria Della Salute
Basilica of Santa Maria Della Salute
Fondaco Dei Turki - Museum of Natural History
Fondaco Dei Turki - Museum of Natural History
Church of San Jeremiah
Church of San Jeremiah
Church of St. Mary of Nazareth (Church of Scalzi)
Church of St. Mary of Nazareth (Church of Scalzi)
Related Tour Objects
Palaces and castles
Palaces and castles
Palaces and castles
Castle Fortress Hochosterwitz
Castle Fortress Hochosterwitz
Palaces and castles
Bogenšperk Castle
Bogenšperk Castle
Palaces and castles
Castle of St. George
Castle of St. George
Palaces and castles
Rachinsky Palace
Rachinsky Palace
Palaces and castles
Palace of the Great Mongolian Khatuns
Palace of the Great Mongolian Khatuns
Palaces and castles