Freedom Square (Tbilisi)
Georgia, Tbilisi

Freedom Square (cargo. თავისუფლების მოედანი) is located in the central part of Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia. In the Middle Ages - Caravanserai (Hotel Square). From 1827 until the revolution - Erivansky Square (in honor of General Paskevich, Count Erivansky), in Soviet times - first Beria Square, then Lenin Square.
Rustaveli Avenue, ul. A. Pushkina, st. G.Leonidze, st. G. Tabidze, st. K. Apkhazi, st. S. Dadiani On the square are the city administration bodies of Tbilisi, as well as the central branch of the Bank of Georgia and the Marriott Hotel. In the future, the administrative building of the local government of Old Tbilisi will also be located on the square, the construction of which has already begun.
The square has repeatedly become the venue for mass protests, in particular during the Rose Revolution, and also in Soviet times - for the independence of Georgia from the USSR. In 2005, the square was the venue for the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II, in connection with which about 100,000 people gathered there, addressed by US President George W. Bush and Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili.
In Soviet times, a monument to Lenin stood on the square. On November 23, 2006, the Freedom Monument created by Zurab Tsereteli was unveiled - a monument depicting St. George killing a dragon.

Tourist Objects nearby
State Silk Museum in Tbilisi
State Silk Museum in Tbilisi
Tsminda Sameba (Holy Trinity Cathedral in Tbilisi)
Tsminda Sameba (Holy Trinity Cathedral in Tbilisi)
Old parliament building
Old parliament building
Tbilisi cableway
Tbilisi cableway