Church of the Holy Trinity p. Ruzhany
Belarus, Ruzhany

In 1596, Lithuanian Chancellor Lev Sapega allocated funds for the construction of the Trinity Church in his family estate in Ružana. The temple was wooden, in 1615-1617 in its place was built a stone temple in the early Baroque style. In 1768, the chapel of the Holy Cross was attached to, and in 1787, the chapel of St. Barbara. In the 1780s the temple was rebuilt; in 1850, the building was reconstructed. The church has always been active; priests of the Dominican order serve in it.
The temple is a monument of architecture and is included in the State list of historical and cultural values of the Republic of Belarus. The interior is richly decorated, the decoration used plastic architectural forms of baroque, sculpture, painting. Above the entrance on wooden cruciform pillars are choirs with an ancient organ. The four-columned main altar is decorated with sculptures, stucco molding and the coat of arms of Sapeg. On the sides of the columns are wooden sculptures of the apostles Peter and Paul.
The temple is surrounded by a stone fence with a gate (brahma).

Tourist Objects nearby
Palace complex Sapeg p. Ruzhany
Palace complex Sapeg p. Ruzhany
Church in the name of saints Peter and Paul p. Ruzhany
Church in the name of saints Peter and Paul p. Ruzhany
Related Tour Objects
Churches and cathedrals
Church of St. Ivan
Church of St. Ivan
Churches and cathedrals
Church of St. Alexander Nevsky
Church of St. Alexander Nevsky
Churches and cathedrals
St. Peter's Church
St. Peter's Church
Churches and cathedrals