Holy Alexander Nevsky Cathedral Pruzhany
Belarus, Pruzhany

By the time the cathedral was built, there were two churches in Pruzhany: Christ the Nativity and the Transfiguration of the Savior. The construction of the temple began in 1864. The place for construction was chosen near the trading area. The construction of the temple was nationwide: each county courtyard had to donate 50 kopecks and send one man on the day of work. In October 1866 the temple was consecrated. On April 9, 1934, a miracle happened in Pruzhany Cathedral: tears began to flow from the eyes of the Mother of God on Her icon at Calvary. A spiritual consequence established the fact of a miraculous sign. Throughout the history of its existence, the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral has never been closed, divine services have always been performed in it. Revered shrines of the temple: icons of the 17th - 19th centuries “Assumption of the Virgin”, “Archangel Michael”, “Introduction to the Church of the Virgin”, “George the Victorious”, altar cross with enamels, as well as especially venerated icons of the Mother of God “Pruzhany Crying”, “Iverskaya Gorodnyanskaya”, “Fireproof”. Since January 2006, a part of the relics of the blgv has been in the temple. Prince Alexander Nevsky.

Tourist Objects nearby
Train station Oranchitsy
Train station Oranchitsy
Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
Museum-Estate Pruzhany Palace
Museum-Estate Pruzhany Palace
Related Tour Objects