Baranavichy Church in honor of the Holy Myrrh-Bearing Women
Belarus, Baranovichi

In 2001, at the request of believers and with the blessing of the Archbishop of Pinsk and Luninets, Stefan, the third Orthodox community of the Holy Myrrh-bearing women was formed in Baranavichy. For the new temple, the city authorities allocated a plot in the city center, at the place where the church once stood too. It was built in 1908 in the name of the great commander, the Holy Prince Alexander Nevsky. The wooden church of Alexander Nevsky survived 2 world wars, not one occupation, but was demolished in 1947 by decision of the regional and city councils of deputies.
The new Orthodox church was consecrated in honor of the Holy Myron-Wives, women whose life is an example of serving Christianity. In the Baranavichy church in honor of the holy myrrh-bearing women, the blessed memory of internationalist soldiers who died on Afghan soil is immortalized.

Tourist Objects nearby
Baranovichi Museum of Local Lore
Baranovichi Museum of Local Lore
Train Station Baranovichi-Polesie
Train Station Baranovichi-Polesie
Baranavichy Museum of Railway Engineering
Baranavichy Museum of Railway Engineering
Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Memorial complex tract Guy
Memorial complex tract Guy
Train station Baranovichi-Central
Train station Baranovichi-Central
Baranavichy Holy Protection Cathedral
Baranavichy Holy Protection Cathedral
Church of the Holy Right Prince Alexander Nevsky, Baranavichy
Church of the Holy Right Prince Alexander Nevsky, Baranavichy
Manor Kotlubaev
Manor Kotlubaev
Related Tour Objects
Churches and cathedrals
Churches and cathedrals
Churches and cathedrals
Zionist Chapel
Zionist Chapel
Churches and cathedrals
San Diego Mission
San Diego Mission
Churches and cathedrals
Church of the Society of Jesus
Church of the Society of Jesus
Churches and cathedrals