Minsk Resurrection Temple
Belarus, Minsk

From ancient times in Minsk there was a church of the Resurrection of Christ. At the end of the sixteenth century, an Orthodox fraternity operated under it, containing a “fortress”.
At the beginning of the XVII century, the Resurrection Church, like most Minsk churches, was turned into a Uniate church. In 1620, from Ilya Vasilievich and his son Fyodor, who owned significant land, her clergy received a nut, which included two plots located in the area of Tatarskaya Street, passing near the church.
In 1786, instead of the old church, a new temple was built, traditionally consecrating it in honor of the Resurrection of the Lord. This temple was preserved until the middle of the XIX century.
In 1839, his parishioners, led by the rector, Archpriest Xavier Shishko, returned to the bosom of the Orthodox Church.
Since the Resurrection Church was not far from the Catherine Church and was in a deplorable state, the decision was made in 1844: to abolish the Resurrection Parish by joining it to the Catherine Church Parish.
In 1856, the Resurrection Church was disassembled and transported to Kruptsy, where a new church, named after the Protection of the Mother of God, was assembled from its material.
On March 10, 1994, Metropolitan of Minsk and Slutsk Filaret (Vakhromeev) blessed the creation of the Resurrection community of Orthodox believers in the district "Green Meadow" of Minsk, which was registered by the Minsk City Executive Committee on May 12, 1994.
On July 7, 1995, the Minsk City Council of People's Deputies authorized the design and construction of a church in the vicinity of Miroshnichenko and Gamarnik Streets in the city of Minsk in honor of the Resurrection of Christ. In August 1995, the Resurrection Parish was allowed to begin prospecting and construction of the Church of the Resurrection of Christ.
On Palm Sunday 1997, the first worship was held in a temporary temple tent. Then it was a simple army tent in a vacant lot, donated to the parish by a military unit.
On September 25, 1998, Patriarch Alexy (Ridiger) visited the parish and performed the rite of consecration of the foundation stone at the site of the construction of the Resurrection Church.
On May 31, 2000, Metropolitan of Minsk and Slutsk Filaret (Vakhromeev) consecrated the lower church in honor of St. John of Kormyansky and performed the first service in the church under construction.
On May 19, 2002, Patriarch Alexy (Ridiger) consecrated the cross to the main dome of the Church of the Resurrection of Christ.
On May 4, 2008, Metropolitan of Minsk and Slutsk Filaret (Vakhromeev) consecrated the church in honor of the Resurrection of Christ.
The church has a parish school and library, as well as the Sisterhood of Mercy in honor of the holy royal martyrs Tsar Nicholas and Queen Alexandra, founded in 2001.
The Church of the Resurrection of Christ is a snow-white five-domed church, consisting of two churches: the lower one is crypt, in the name of the righteous John of Kormyansky, and the upper one is in honor of the Resurrection of Christ. (Source: http: //drevo-info.ru/articles/17982.html)

Tourist Objects nearby
Archcathedral Cathedral of the Holy Name of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Archcathedral Cathedral of the Holy Name of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Casino "Royal"
Casino "Royal"
Church in the name of St. Mary Magdalene
Church in the name of St. Mary Magdalene
Church in the name of the holy noble Grand Duke Alexander Nevsky
Church in the name of the holy noble Grand Duke Alexander Nevsky
National Academic Drama Theater named after M. Gorky
National Academic Drama Theater named after M. Gorky
Belarusian State Academic Musical Theater
Belarusian State Academic Musical Theater
Belarusian State Circus
Belarusian State Circus
Central Children's Park named after M. Gorky
Central Children's Park named after M. Gorky
Related Tour Objects
Nagapushani Amman Kovil
Nagapushani Amman Kovil
Temples
Longmen Grottoes ((Caves of 10,000 Buddhas)
Longmen Grottoes ((Caves of 10,000 Buddhas)
Temples
Buenos Aires Cathedral
Buenos Aires Cathedral
Temples
Kung Thanh Temple
Kung Thanh Temple
Temples
Temple Complex and Wat Yang Park
Temple Complex and Wat Yang Park
Temples
Geneva Saint Peter's Cathedral (Saint Pierre Cathedral)
Geneva Saint Peter's Cathedral (Saint Pierre Cathedral)
Temples
Catholic church of St. Augustine
Catholic church of St. Augustine
Temples
Goa Lavah Temple
Goa Lavah Temple
Temples
Kelania Temple of Raj Maha Vihara
Kelania Temple of Raj Maha Vihara
Temples