Manor complex Loshitsa
Belarus, Minsk

The Legend of the "Prince Lodge"
The name Loshitsa, according to legend, is associated with the period of feudal wars in the Middle Ages. According to legend, one of the Belarusian princes went on a campaign against his brother, stopped to spend the night on a hill near Minsk. The prince woke up from the fact that a krinitsa began to break through under him. This phenomenon was interpreted as a sign that called for stopping the bloodshed, and the prince turned his troops home. In memory of this event, the place was called the Prince of the Lodge, then simply the Lodge, after which it gained its modern name - Loshitsa. Loshitsky Park is recognized as unique. Firstly, about 10 thousand years ago, there was a border on which the last glacier stopped. Therefore, 32 soil varieties and more than 400 biological species (trees, shrubs, grasses, insects, animals and birds) are observed in these places.
Extremely beautiful landscape. Hills that open up a wide perspective - green meadows, a winding river, cliffs and lowlands with swamps overgrown with reeds.
Documentary the history of Loshitsy begins from the 16th century (the first mention is the letter of 1557). Then Loshitskaya land belonged to Vasily Yurievich Tolochinsky, a representative of the Princes Drutsky. The letter of 1582 mentions that the borders of Loshitsa lands were already determined by the princes Drutsky-Gorsky (descendants of Vseslav Charodey), this is one of the most famous Belarusian princely families. They owned the estate until 1719. It was in these parts that there was a battle of Vseslav the Wizard with the Yaroslavovichs, and here the same white horse fell, saving the prince and whose ghost appears with fog over the waters of the river.
In 1719, the princes bid farewell to the estate, selling it to Jerzy Anthony of Pruszinski. (In 1917, 88 people lived with the gentlemen). For the estate, this meant the arrival of a new, zealous landlord. In 1724, Jerzy Anthony undertook the improvement of the acquired estate and began to build a new manor house on the site of the old one. For the Prushinsky Loshitsa remained one hundred and fifty-eight years, replacing three generations.
In 1877, Loshitsa became the property of the indirect descendant of the Prushinsky family, already elderly Ivan Ivanovich Lubansky, whose son settled on the estate. So Evstafy Ivanovich Lyubansky in 1884 became the last owner of Loshitsy.
Without begging for the natural splendor and grace of this area, we can say that for Loshitsa, pan Luban was almost a wizard, turning a provincial estate into a beautiful flowering estate. Besides wide state and economic activity, he is known for some eccentricities. In particular, he was a gambling promoter of bicycles and the head of the Minsk Cyclists Partnership. Lyubansky built several profitable enterprises in Loshitsa: two mills, a starch workshop, a distillery, and a brick factory. Nevertheless, pan Eustathius gave the main energy to the improvement of the park and the estate. It was he who laid here a wonderful park, where there was a large variety of trees and shrubs. In the park, he planted many exotic plants, mountain and Crimean pine, Siberian fir, magnolia. It is said that Eustathius Luban brought magnolia kobus from Japan especially for his wife. This tree, according to legend, blooms on the birthday of a young lady. Most trees are striking in their power: two-, three-trunked, in three girths and wider. Rare specimens come across: a young fruiting Manchu nut in the middle of a giant stump, a tree rooted in a fallen trunk. The vitality of many of them is simply amazing. For example, two-thirds of the destroyed stump continues to be fed by the trunk of a huge tree that has grown on the bark left from it. The very place from which this trunk grows resembles roots sliding down the bark. When sawed up an old linden, tumbled down by the wind, and counted the number of rings, it turned out - the tree is at least 240 years old!
Among other things, there was a so-called wedding / engagement / oak tree in Loshitsky park. As the granddaughter of the last mistress of the estate recalled, from time immemorial people came here to ask for health, love, friendship, creative inspiration. In general, who needs what. And all the desires (especially when it comes to creativity) oak fulfilled properly. According to legend, in about 1580, in honor of the betrothal of his daughter, Prince Drutsky planted three oaks. One - so that the young people love each other all their lives, the second - so that they are healthy and they have healthy offspring, the third - so that in all matters they have success. Of the three oaks, one was preserved until July 2010, which many claim to have magical powers: if you approach the oak barefoot and bow to it to the ground, it gives people love, health and inspires creativity. Judicial oak, judging by the rings, was three hundred years old. In July 2010, he died, unable to withstand strong gusts of wind.
The manor and park complex reached us in the form that it developed under Eustathius of Luban.
Speaking about the Loshitsky estate of that time, one cannot but say a word about that sweet lady who no less cared about the improvement of the Loshitsky farm. 37-year-old Eustathius Lyubansky married a 20-year-old girl. The daughter of the Mozyr nobleman, Yadvig Kenevich, became the chosen one of the heart of the Minsk landowner. The life of Loshitsa and her master was filled with new colors, and the estate flourished in the literal and figurative sense. For the beautiful bride, Lyubansky rebuilt the house. One-story building has turned into an elegant residence. A new stone building was added to the wooden house of the ХU11 century. The house became not only comfortable, but also beautiful - wooden carved details gave it a special aesthetics. The interior decoration corresponded to the then concepts of Roscashi: the walls are lined with oak panels, stoves and fireplaces are laid out with amazing dignity with tiles, unique today.
Each room was made in a specific style. Luban chose the English style for the lobby, and the Pompeian style for the corridor and staircase. Designing the library and the dining room, they used elements of the Renaissance, and the living rooms were decorated in elegant rococo. Tiled stoves played an important role in the decoration of chambers. The house has preserved their entire collection. The central place is occupied by a fireplace made in Riga according to German designs. After perestroika, the Loshitsa estate was mentioned in European, in particular in Polish albums, as one of the most picturesque estates.
At the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century, the Lyubansky estate became one of the centers of cultural life in Minsk. Carefully keeping love, Eustathius and Jadwiga were the soul of society. The entire metropolitan aristocracy and intelligentsia gathered in their house, theatrical and poetry evenings, and public holidays were held. It is easy to imagine how, bypassing the alley, carriages and prams follow the main entrance along the access roads, heels knock on the wooden steps of the stairs, and now someone’s hand casually rests on a chair in the fireplace room. And after the guests leave, the hosts walk together in an old park on the banks of the river ...
The beauty of Jadwiga was a loving woman and managed to build eyes for many prominent men. There is evidence that among them were the Minsk governor Musin-Pushkin and the mayor, Count Karol Emerik Chapsky. That's just hard to believe in it, because both fans of the beauty of the mistress Loshitsa by that time were about 70 years old. In addition, local residents say that Jadwiga was inflamed with passion not for them at all, but for a handsome young man (either a hussar, or a simple pan-servant).
In 1905, the following event took place here. On her birthday (and Pan Lubansky was very fond of organizing bright festivities), the lady met a handsome young man who turned her head. And two months later, a tragedy occurred.
What exactly happened on that ill-fated night is not exactly known. It is only known that in the middle of the night Jadwiga Lubanskaya went down the steep bank to the river (the path has been preserved to this day) and, apparently, got into the boat. In the morning, the last mistress of the Loshitsa estate was found dead, not far from an inverted vessel.
According to the assumptions, the beautiful wife drowned in Svislochiz because rumors spread around her city about her love affair, and Jadwiga could not stand the shame.
According to other sources, Jadwiga was already expecting from her beloved child. Naturally, Eustathius could not bear this ...
Pan Luban suffered greatly from the tragedy. He ordered the window to be laid in Yadvigi’s room with masonry (why?), Abandoned his estate, all affairs, and moved to live in the Caucasus, where he soon died.
Apparently, Jadviga is not going to leave the Loshitsky possessions. Not only grandmothers who like to gossip, but also quite serious people tell about the white ghost that appears on the full moon.
For example, Yevgeny Terekhov, deputy director of the Loshitsky garden and park economy. “In April, when the full moon coincides with the blooming period of the relic of the Loshitsa park - Manchurian apricot, from 10 to 11 pm an unusually distinct silhouette of a woman in wide white clothes appears on the background of the moon. And no later than in 2003, on Friday the 13th, on the eve of Janova’s day, which happens about once every 70 years, at the confluence of Loshitsa and Svisloch, the silhouette of a white lady soared above the water from 10 to 11 pm As people say, devils are found in the mills. Loshitsa mills were no exception (but there were there are two of them.) Devils are usually seen by those who pretty much took to the chest. But they see them only once. After meeting the drunkards with the devil again, the first is found the next morning dead. " In the memory of Yevgeny Terekhov, cases when the drunk were found dead the next morning, and it was in the ruins of the mills, there are already a dozen of them.
About a dozen years ago, the caretaker of the Loshitsa garden and park complex excited the whole district. He claimed that he personally met a young lady in old clothes, walking around four o'clock in the morning under a Manchurian nut not far from the preserved part of the chapel.
The place there is "unclean". Even under the Prushinsky in Loshitsa, a Roman Catholic chapel was rebuilt, where the family crypt of the owners was located.
In 1935, an unnecessary structure was blown up, and a lead coffin with the remains of Yadvigi Lyubanskaya was sent from the repository for re-melting for batteries of a machine and tractor station. The remains of the deceased, as well as other representatives of the Prushinsky dynasty, were buried nearby and then plundered.
During the Stalinist repressions, here, near the Black Yar fenced with barbed wire, shots and groans of people were often heard. It is known for certain that in the former miller’s house, the Soviet Chekists organized a school to train their subversive brigades. During the war, important fascist ranks settled in Loshitsa ...
Loshitsa fell to withstand many shocks and destruction. But, in spite of everything, the place retained its unique mysterious atmosphere, which always attracted people of art: poets, artists and musicians. The old park and the estate continue to live, overgrown with new legends and secrets.
Formerly a princely estate, today is a public holiday destination. Most importantly, life returned to Loshitsky Park. Now he is guaranteed longevity and a new historical round, in which there will remain a place for old buildings and old traditions. The administration of the Leninsky district of Minsk decided to declare the territory of the complex a zone free of smoking.

Tourist Objects nearby
Casino Victoria Cherry
Casino Victoria Cherry
Svyatopokrovsky Temple
Svyatopokrovsky Temple
Theater Studio
Theater Studio
Belarusian State Academic Musical Theater
Belarusian State Academic Musical Theater
National Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theater of the Republic of Belarus
National Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theater of the Republic of Belarus
Central Botanical Garden of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
Central Botanical Garden of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
Ski Center "Sunny Valley" Minsk
Ski Center "Sunny Valley" Minsk
Related Tour Objects
KL Forest Eco Park
KL Forest Eco Park
Nature parks
Villas and Estates
Museum-Estate of Mickiewicz
Museum-Estate of Mickiewicz
Villas and Estates
Cayla Joa Manor (Fall Castle)
Cayla Joa Manor (Fall Castle)
Villas and Estates