Central Children's Park named after M. Gorky
Belarus, Minsk

Today's Central Children's Park named after M. Gorky in Minsk is a monument of history, architecture and landscape art.
The territory occupied by the park was first marked on the plan of Minsk in 1801. On the eastern outskirts of the city there is a large plot that adjoins the river, with the inscription "City Garden". The following project plan of the city at the beginning of the 19th century shows the layout of the park. It was divided into two parts by the river Svisloch. The main part of the park was located on the right bank. The grand opening of the new park took place on May 1, 1805. This event was described in some detail in his memoirs by the Polish actor and director K. Skibinsky - “On May 1, the grand opening of the park, laid by His Excellency Karneev, the local governor, took place. On that day, the city hosted a magnificent evening with a military band and artists with illumination and banners. We are all in black tailcoats, ladies in white dresses with bouquets performed a solemn cantata. The evening ended with a magnificent firework. And now this garden is in perfect order. ”
In 1817, the Minsk planning project was approved, in accordance with which the city was built up for 40 years. According to this plan, a significant reconstruction of the city park was also planned. First of all, it was planned to gradually expand the park in all directions.
In 1839-1841 work was carried out to improve the city garden. In the spring of 1840, the park was affected by the flood. At a difficult time, work began to eliminate the damage. They mainly related to bridge repair and fencing. At the same time, the idea arose to make a live fence from willow trees, broom, etc. In 1858, a new design plan for the development of the city was developed, which was approved by Emperor Alexander II on September 25, 1858. And in 1963, with the “Highest” permission previously planned territory for the park adjacent to the street. Hospital, taken under city blocks. In 1872, the city government decided to build a water supply system in Minsk. In this regard, part of the territory of the park on the right bank of the Svisloch was used for the construction of a pumping station and water wells. At the same time, part of the birch grove was destroyed. Later in the years 1894-1895. The pumping station was reconstructed into the first power station.
September 26, 1891 in the Governor's Garden, the aeronaut Dravnitsky flew in a balloon and parachuted by his own production.
In the XIX century, Minsk was one of the greenest cities in the Northwest Territory. The outskirts of it were buried in gardens. City Park or Governor's Garden was among the largest city parks in Belarus. Its area was almost 18 hectares (now 28). In 1896, at the request of the sports association, it was decided to build a bicycle track in the park. In addition, a place has been prepared for the winter ice rink. After an inventory description of 1910, zones for holding cultural, sports, and entertainment events were designated on the territory of the park. This is a complex of a cycle track and a winter skating rink, a summer theater, a restaurant. In 1912, a greenhouse was built in the park.
Park landscape type. Here, mainly local tree species grow: birch, spruce, mountain ash, weeping willow, etc. Ornamental groups of centenary lindens and maples, Weimutov pines, and unique specimens of cedars are preserved in the park. Svisloch divides the park into two terraces. The lower part is decorated with an artificial stream and decorative ponds. There were benches along the alleys. At the entrance to the park, the words in Latin "After work - rest" were carved.
In 1920, the Minsk city garden was renamed the Profintern Garden, and in 1936 it was given the name of M. Gorky. Not far from the main entrance, almost at the place where the Summer Theater was once located, in 1981. a monument was erected to Maxim Gorky. In the house, where the center of creativity of the park is currently located, in 1929-41. J. Kolas lived. After the war, the park was restored according to the project of I. Rudenko. Since 1952, it functioned as a recreation park, in 1960, when children's attractions appeared here, it was transformed into a children's park.
The main entrance to the Central Children's Park. M. Gorky, is a historical and cultural value of the Republic of Belarus.
The planning composition of the old garden, which has developed historically, has been largely preserved. The basis of the layout is three straight paths intersected in different directions by paths and paths. The landscape composition of the park is decorated with the Svisloch River, a bypass channel with artificial reservoirs. The riverbank is landscaped, along the promenade runs one of the main walking routes. The park is richly saturated with architecture of small forms: pavilions, pedestrian bridges, etc. More than 60 species of trees and bushes of mainly local species grow in the park: birch, spruce, pine, mountain ash, willow. There are rare plants: cedar pine, California fir, European larch, fawn maple and silver maple. The decorative groups of old lindens and maples, weymouth pine have survived. The park created deep landscape paintings, complemented by planting bushes, flower beds.
The park's creativity center offers the following services for children:
Studio for the early development of children's creativity "Fantazery" (2 - 4 years)
children's dance theater "Arabesque" (3 - 15 years old)
Variety and Theater Studio "Orange" (3 - 12 years old)
studio of young talents of Irina Lazareva "S 'UTIL" (5 - 12 years old)
show-ballet "Breath of Dance" (5 - 15 years)
children's school of models "Kids podium"
School of Irish Dance "Phoenix" (5 - 30 years old)
pop dance school "SkyDance" (5 - 30 years old)
vocal studio "Sky Song"
dance training direction "Break dance" (Break dance) (from 6 years)
classical dance school
couple dance club "Hustle"
Arabic dance training (classical, folk, based on belly dance)
club dance (school-dance studio: hip-hop, go-go ..., children 5 years and older, adults)
modern dance studio "Pinatri"
Ballroom dance training (adult groups)
school of oriental dance "Leo Dance"
hatha yoga classes
Pilates (administrative building of the park named after Chelyuskintsev)
English for children from 8 to 14 years old
hand madu ("do it yourself") Attractions: "Wheel of review", "Children's Ferris wheel", Carousel "Dogs", "Drakosha", "Express Highway", Attraction "Waltz" "Children's chain carousel", "Jumping tower ”,“ Kolobok ”,“ Russian Swing ”,“ Circuit ”,“ Children's mini-train ”,“ Calypso ”,“ Zodiac ”,“ Room of laughter ”, Pleasure boat“ Augustine ”, Pneumatic shooting gallery. Also on the territory of the Central Children's Park. The following commercial attractions are located at M. Gorky: “Battery electric car” (cars), Family attraction “Chain carousel”, Attraction “Wedding carousel” (“Horses”), Trampoline complex “Kangaroo”, Family carousel “Swans”, Children's carousel “Tea service ”, Carousel“ Flying Saucer ”, Carousel“ Helicopters ”, Attraction“ Castle of Terror ”, Multimedia shooting gallery, Inflatable slides for children, Slot machine hall, 5D Cinema

Tourist Objects nearby
Casino "Royal"
Casino "Royal"
Club - casino "White Vezha"
Club - casino "White Vezha"
Church in the name of the holy noble Grand Duke Alexander Nevsky
Church in the name of the holy noble Grand Duke Alexander Nevsky
National Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theater of the Republic of Belarus
National Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theater of the Republic of Belarus
Club-casino "Millennium"
Club-casino "Millennium"
Related Tour Objects
KL Forest Eco Park
KL Forest Eco Park
City Parks
Viharamahadevi Park
Viharamahadevi Park
City Parks
City Parks
City Parks
Love Park in Lima (Parque del Amor)
Love Park in Lima (Parque del Amor)
City Parks
Tripoli Culture Park
Tripoli Culture Park
City Parks