Sightseeing Resorts, Cities and Tourist Locations
Poland
Gdynia - a city in the north of Poland. The population - more than 255,3 thousand inhabitants. Together with the cities of Gdansks and Sopot forms agglomeration of Trujmjasto (Trojmiasto, " Tricity"). A young city. It has arisen after the First World War on a place of a fishing small village from which has received the name. Then Poland has received an outlet to the sea, but Gdansk was not included into its structure (it had the special status of a free city). Therefore new seaport began to build in Gdynia. The first sea ship was included into port of Gdynia in 1923. Between 1923 and 1926 years the population of a new city has grown with 1000 to 100 000 inhabitants. The flag of Gdynia is a rectangular cloth, with the width-to-length ratio of 3:5. The flag, identical on both sides, is a horizontal bicolour: white and turquoise, symbolising the sky and the sea. The white stripe is 3 times wider than the turquoise one. The white field is charged with the coat of arms of Gdynia - its axis at 1/4 of the hoist-to-fly distance. The turquoise field has a narrow, horizontal, white stripe symbolising a breaker in its upper part. The flag was established by the Gdynia City Council on 20 April, 1994. It is a sign representing Gdynia as a municipality. Gdynia out of any doubts deserves a title of sailing capital of Poland. From year to year the season is filled by actions at level of the championships of Poland, the world and Europe in Olympic classes. It is promoted by ideal wind conditions and a fine infrastructure. Inhabitants of Gdynia and tourists can observe without effort of competitions, walking on a beach or nearly so to two-kilometre Seaside Parkway, and actively to participate in numerous concerts, meetings and accompanying actions. Participants of competitions have a possibility to have a rest after struggle, and at spectators - to get acquainted with protagonists of regattas. Gdynia is one of few big cities in which the port is in immediate proximity from city centre. This truly the symbiotic union most expressively is visible in Square Kosciuszki and on the Southern Pier. The heart of the city Here fights. Coastal cafes, bars and taverns are always full also noisy, even when the storm around rages.
More
Galapagos Islands
Bartolomé Island (Spanish: Isla Bartolomé) is a volcanic islet in the Galápagos Islands group. It is a volcanic islet just off the east coast of Santiago Island. It is one of the "younger" islands in the Galápagos archipelago. This island, and Sulivan Bay on Santiago island, are named after naturalist and life-long friend of Charles Darwin, Sir Bartholomew James Sulivan, who was a Lieutenant aboard HMS Beagle. Total land area of just 1.2 km². This island offers some of the most beautiful landscapes in the archipelago and most photographed island in the Galapagos. The island consists of an extinct volcano and a variety of red, orange, green, and glistening black volcanic formations.
More
Iraq
Baghdad it is the largest city in Iraq and the second largest city in the Arab World (after Cairo, Egypt). Located on the River Tigris, the city dates back to the 8th century. Baghdad has a past as a center of the Arab and Muslim world especially during the Abbasid Caliphate. On 30 July 762 the caliph Al Mansur founded the city.[5] Mansur believed that Baghdad was the perfect city to be the capital of the Islamic empire under the Abbasids. Name.The most reliable and most widely accepted among these is that the name is a Persian compound of Bağ "garden" + dād "fair", translating to "The fair Garden", or Persian compound of Bag "god" + dād "given", translating to "God-given" or "God's gift", whence Modern Persian Baɣdād. This in turn can be traced to Old Persian and Sanskrit Bhaagadata. Another leading proposal is that the name comes from Middle Persian Bāgh-dād "The Given Garden". The name is pre-Islamic and the origins are unclear, but it is related to previous settlements, which did not have any political or commercial power, making it a virtually new foundation in the time of the Abbasids. Mansur called the city “Madinat as-Salam”, or “City of Peace”, as a reference to paradise.
More
Abkhazia
Gali is a town in Abkhazia, 77 km southeast to Sukhumi and bordering with the rest of Georgia. The territory of modern Gali has been a basic part of a medieval specific Abkhazian principality Samurzakano. The name "Samyrzakano" occurs on behalf of sovereign prince Myrzakan Chachba (means "Murzakan land") to whom in possession this area has been given. The population of "Samyrzakano" — in the past are megrels.
More
Cambodia
Siem Reap is a province located in northwestern Cambodia, on the shores of the Tonle Sap lake. The provincial capital is Siem Reap town. Siem Reap has colonial and Chinese-style architecture in the Old French Quarter, and around the Old Market. In town, there are Apsara dance performances and a bird sanctuary near the Tonle Sap Lake.
More
/
Наверх